When you create your own courses, programs and workshops, you want to make sure that you’re protecting you and your intellectual property.
In this episode, I’m joined by return guest, Cathryn Warburton to share her top 3 tips for making sure the intellectual property in your courses, programs and workshops is protected.
In this episode, we discuss:
- How to not infringe other people’s copyright
- Why you should beware free images and free videos
- What do you do with inspiration from others?
- How to put a copyright notice on your course materials
- Creating T&Cs for course participants
- How to prevent your material from being stolen and used by others
- When to register a trademark
- And more
Find out more about Cathryn Warburton
Cathryn Warburton is “The Legal Lioness”. She is the recipient of multiple international business awards. Cathryn has a real passion for protecting intellectual property which stems from a family member having their intellectual property stolen. Cathryn has secured intellectual property for international pop stars and television shows. She has personally argued intellectual property and contract disputes in court, and has over 1000 trade mark registrations under her belt.
Renée Hasseldine works with coaches, experts & thought leaders to turn what is in their brilliant minds into powerful signature systems using visual models. Her knack for extracting and unpacking thoughts and turning them into unique intellectual property is sheer genius.