Is content marketing not quite giving you the traction and the leverage you hoped for? Why not try combining it with direct marketing? On today’s episode, I’m joined by Darcy Smyth to share why he believes direct marketing is the perfect complementary strategy to content marketing.
- What is direct marketing? How does it differ from content marketing?
- What kinds of activities are direct marketing?
- The value of sending direct mail
- Why you want to be top of mind (and how direct marketing helps you achieve that) Handwritten notes go a long way
- Who should you be targeting with direct mail?
- 3 categories of leads to consider – warm leads, old leads, 1 person
- Why it helps you to leverage when you’re not a big name or don’t have much clout
- Things that get in the way of people engaging in direct marketing
- Why moving past your fear about direct marketing can help you be really creative
- And more!
More about direct marketing and Darcy Smyth
With an expansive and versatile knowledge background into the world of human behaviour, the psychology of sales and the motivations of decision making Darcy J Smyth is well-known in the sales training world as a renegade of selling in the modern era. Darcy holds the education of himself and others in high value and has put countless hours into expanding his sales capabilities to pass onto his clients. Darcy has achieved a Bachelor of Science degree in Psychology and Psychophysiology, MetaDynamics Level 3 Facilitation certification and is extensively trained in Extended DISC Behavioural Profiling methodologies. Although these qualifications form a good foundation for knowledge in the sales field Darcy knows the real evidence of success is in the phenomenal results he has helped thousands of business owners and sales professionals achieve. He is the creator and lead trainer of both the ‘Tonal Persuasion Method for Sales’ and “The Consultative Sales Game”-both designed to help sales professionals and business owners expand their problem-solving abilities, so they can rapidly understand a buyer’s needs and decision making strategies.
Renée Hasseldine works with coaches, experts & thought leaders to turn what is in their brilliant minds into powerful signature systems using visual models. Her knack for extracting and unpacking thoughts and turning them into unique intellectual property is sheer genius.